Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sneak Peek: Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter #2) by Vi Keeland

Sneak Peek into

WORTH THE CHANCE

by Best Selling Author Vi Keeland


A New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance

Releasing February 17th, 2014


Meet Liv Michaels
It may have been seven years, but I’d know him anywhere. Sure, he’s grown, filled out in all the right places, but his captivating blue eyes and cocky grin are exactly the way I remember. Even though I’d much rather forget.

Liv Michaels is almost there. She’s smart, determined and weeks away from landing the job she’s dreamed about for years. Time healed old wounds, even her broken heart from the devastation of being crushed by her first love.

Meet Vince Stone
Women love a fighter, especially a good one. Lucky for me, I’m damn good. But there’s one woman that isn’t interested. Not again, anyway.

Vince ‘The Invincible’ Stone is every woman’s fantasy…strong, sexy, confident and completely in control. Growing up surrounded by chaos, he’s learned never to get too attached. Love will drag you down. He adores women, treats them well, puts their own needs before his own…for the night anyway. With the biggest fight of his life coming up, his focus should be on training.

When fate brings Vince & Liv back together again, there’s no denying the chemistry is still there. But can Vince erase the old scars their past left behind? Or will Liv hurt him instead?




Vinny slips on a pair of running shorts and reaches down to the floor, pulling up the panties I’m still searching for. “You looking for these?” He twirls my sad excuse for underwear around on his one finger with a devilish grin.

“Yes.” I reach out to grab them, but Vinny’s too quick. He folds them into one hand and hooks his arm around my waist, pulling me to him with the other.

“Stay. I’ll be back in less than two hours.”

“You want me to stay?”

Leaning down, his mouth close to my ear, he responds, “I want you in my bed waiting for me when I get back.”

His words are kind, and I appreciate him offering them to me, but it’s not necessary. I’m a big girl, he doesn’t need to coddle me after a night of passion. “It’s okay. It’s sweet of you to offer, but I have errands to run anyway.”

Vinny turns me to face him, tilting my face up to look into his eyes. “I don’t do sweet, Liv. I want you to stay because I’m selfish. I want back inside of you. I’m hard just thinking about the sound you make when you come for me. So fuck your errands and get back in bed and try to get some rest. Because you’re gonna need it.”

My lord. Maybe I should be offended at the harshness of his words, but I’m not. Instead they make me feel drunk with desire and I find myself staring back at him at a loss for words. Vinny grins, he must know he’s gotten to me.

“Okay?” He kisses me chastely on the lips.

“Okay,” I finally respond with a smile that lets him know he’s changed my mind.

Grabbing his keys off the dresser, Vinny opens the palm of his hand revealing black lace. I’d forgotten that he even still had my panties in his hand. “I’m keeping these.” With a devilish grin he shoves them into his pocket as he walks out.


Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to work. She is a boring attorney by day, and an exciting New York Times & USA Today Best Selling smut author by night!


Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Mailing List        Email: vikeeland@gmail.com


You might also like Worth the Fight, Book #1 (Each book a standalone)


It didn’t matter that the ref called it a clean hit. Nico Hunter would never be the same.

Elle has a good life. A job she loves, a great apartment, and the guy she’s been dating for more than two years is a catch and a half. But it’s boring…and she strives to keep it that way. Too many emotions are dangerous. Her own past is living proof of what can happen when you lose control.

Then Nico walks into Elle’s office and everything changes…for both of them. But what can the tattooed, hard-bodied MMA fighter and the beautiful and always steady attorney have in common? A lot more than they bargained for.

***Author's note*** THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18



 photo AToMRToursC66a-A00aT03a-Z_mdm_zpsa3cc6896.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment