Sunday, August 11, 2013

Release Event: Off Course by Sawyer Bennett




Title: Off Course
Author: Sawyer Bennett
Publisher: Big Dog Books
Release date: August 4, 2013
Genre: Contemporary
Age Group: New Adult 
Event organized by: AToMR Tours


Renner Caldwell has her life perfectly mapped out. She has the ideal relationship, the perfect job and all is right in her world. When a shameful turn of events happens, she boards the first plane bound for Ireland to lick her wounds and get her head back on straight. 

Cillian O’Braidagh is the sexy, front man to the Irish rock band, Over The Edge. His rising fame and sultry voice make him every woman’s fantasy come true. Not to mention his single-minded determination. To put it simply: what Cillian wants, Cillian always gets. And he wants Renner, because there’s just something about the flame-haired beauty he has to possess.

If their relationship was just about sex and rock n’ roll, it would be easy for them to get lost in their desires. Only their relationship is anything but a hook-up. Will lies, deceit and hidden tragedy get in the way, making the path to true love uncertain? Or will the girl whose been knocked Off Course, find her footing with the man who is teaching her it’s okay to lose control?




I glance at my watch for like the tenth time in the last five minutes and impatiently tap my foot. Where are they? They should have been here over half an hour ago.

"Dude... stop looking at your watch. They'll be here."
I shoot a fuck-off look to Sean, and he just grins back at me. We got to O'Shea's a bit early to get a good table. We managed to snag a tall one that is designed to stand around and it's pretty close to the stage. Cady, Renner, and Teagan said they would meet us here, and glancing at my watch again, I note they are now thirty-seven minutes late.

I'm thankful that my "disguise" is working tonight. I have a baseball cap covering my hair and I shaved before I came out, which makes me look about five years younger. Adding on my glasses, I don't think I'm too recognizable and only a few people have come up to talk to me or ask for an autograph.

Sean is another matter. No disguise can hide that he is Sean Lundie, drummer for OTE. I can only assume no one comes up to him because he looks scary as shit.

"Holy. Fuck," Sean says with awe.

I look at him briefly, and see his gaze is on the door. I turn around, and holy fuck is right. Teagan just walked in and she's wearing a black leather bustier with mounds of boobs spilling over the top, black satin pants that I'm pretty sure were painted on her, and heels that have to be at least five inches tall. She has her hair pulled back severely in a bun and her lips are painted bright red. Every man in the pub turns to watch her walk our way.

My eyes flick over her briefly and I see Cady right behind her. She looks pretty in a blood red dress that's probably hugging her a little too tight for my approval, but then, Cady's like a little sister and I don't like to think about her flaunting her stuff. My eyes search, and they land on Renner, bringing up the rear.

HOLY! FUCK! She looks gorgeous, and I know I won't spare another glance at Teagan in her dominatrix outfit for the rest of the night.

Her hair is flowing down her back with locks of it resting over her shoulders. It's so shiny, that it glimmers in the dim lighting. She's wearing a black miniskirt that doesn't ride too high but is hugging her ass like a second skin. She has on a silver halter-top that is cut low and looks like it's tied around her neck with dental floss. Her feet are encased in silver sandals that are sporting a heel as high as Teagan's.

I seriously don't think I've seen anyone as hot as she looks right now. Visions of me hiking that skirt up to see what lies underneath flood my brain. I'm betting black lace, and I know it would look amazing against that creamy skin.

Teagan reaches us first and blows me a kiss. Then she squeals when she sees Sean and rushes right by me to give him a hug. I often wondered if those two had ever hooked up in the past, but I never asked. None of my business really.

Bending over, I give Cady a quick hug, looking over her shoulder at Renner. She holds my glance, even as I slowly slide my eyes down her body and back up again. By the time I make it back to her face, her cheeks are flushed.

I release Cady and step toward Renner, intent on giving her what would look like a friendly hug to the rest of the group. She's surprised when I wrap my arms around her, in a brotherly fashion, because I know Cady's probably watching. I may not be able to cop much of a feel right now, but I use the opportunity to lean in close to her ear. "God help me, Ren. You look like a goddess."




AUTHOR’S TAKE ON CILLIAN O’BRADAIGH
By Sawyer Bennett

Cillian O’Bradaigh is a native Dubliner and front man for the Irish rock

band, Over The Edge. They’ve found huge success in the European Union, topping the Irish charts and gaining some popularity in the States. Cillian is what us Americans call Black Irish...noted for his dark hair and eyes. He’s tall, tattooed and pierced. Oh, and he’s totally an Alpha male.

Terrible things have happened to Cillian in his past, causing him an almost painful need to be in control of all situations. Couple that with his Alpha tendencies, and you have a sexy rocker who, if he wants you, is more likely to throw you over his shoulder and walk out the door without a word.

Despite all of that, Cillian has a soft nature when it comes to women. He doesn’t like to see them in pain and he’ll go to great lengths to help those he cares about.

If his sexy Irish brogue and rock-star vibe doesn’t do you in, just wait until you see what he can do in the bedroom...and the back storeroom of a pub...and the kitchen...

AUTHOR’S TAKE ON RENNER CALDWELL
By Sawyer Bennett
Renner Caldwell is an American beauty hiding out in Dublin due to something that has shamed her terribly. She keeps her red-head down and her green eyes cast to the floor, trying to stay out of notice. But unfortunately, she’s caught the eye of rocker bad boy, Cillian O’Bradaigh and nothing she does will put him off.


Renner is an interesting character because she has the classic dream of marrying a stable man and having a house in the ‘burbs. She has an ideal, and Cillian O’Bradaigh doesn’t measure up in her mind. Yet she can’t fight the insane attraction she has to him.

What I love about Renner, is that she’s so buttoned up and afraid to lose control, she may miss something wonderful right standing right before her eyes. It’s only when she finally gives up just a teeny measure of that guarded control, that she starts to truly feel alive. And you guessed it...Cillian is the one that makes her let loose. After that, her life changes completely and she starts to understand that we may not always know what it is we exactly crave.


USA Today Best-Selling author, Sawyer Bennett, is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. She is married to a mobster (well, a market researcher) and they have two big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn't have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate.






Web | Facebook | Twitter


Amazon | Barnes & Noble




(3) e-book combo pack of Off Sides, Off Limits, and Off the Record (mobi or epub). – International. 





No comments:

Post a Comment