Thursday, December 27, 2012

One of my very favorite books this year!!

                The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski




My Review of The Edge of Never:


I just finished this book. I started reading it last night and I didn't want to put it down. Unfortunately 5:30 comes really quick. As soon as I got home from work my kindle has been attached to my hand. It was waffles for dinner for my kids because The Edge of Never is sooo good. The beginning was just a tad slow for me, However knowing J.A Redmerski's work like I do, I knew she had something WONDERFUL planned and boy did she ever. 
She introduces us to Camryn who is an extremely relatable character. She goes to the trouble of giving us a complete back story of Camryn. Which in my opinion we really need in order to understand the full and complete picture of the pain that Camryn experienced, which is written so beautifully! Camryn had a boyfriend named Ian whom she loved and died in a car accident. Cam goes through the motions day by day but never truly fitting in. Her mother and father are divorced and her brother is in Prison. She decides to "find" herself and sets off on a trip of discovery with no plans of where she is heading.
On to breathtaking hot as sin Andrew who I could not help but smile and fall in love with. Andrew's father is dying and is having a hard time coming to terms with it. He decides to take a bus so he can "think" on his way to say good-bye to his father.
At a bus stop is where Andrew meets Camryn. With a little antagonism from Andrew, a little innocence from Cam and allot of chemistry between the two, they set off on a trip together. This is when the story goes full out BAM! 
Holy crap, this is what I was waiting for a even though I wasn't sure what it was that J.A Redmerski had planned. She took me through an insane amount of roller coaster rides full of emotions. Just when I thought I knew where she was going, boom she would rock my world. I cried my eyes out with a couple scene's and I was a torrid of craziness just waiting to get to the next part and hope and pray I was wrong.
Let this review guide you in the right direction and please read this book. So well written and worth every moment I spent reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment